Saturday, October 09, 2010

Our Kitchen has been Delivered!

Oh my. Are we actually in the last home stretch for our back room? Our kitchen is delivered and is sits in the dining room packaged and waiting to be fitted this coming week. Our fridge and stove arrive the week before. We are going for a bit of an older Victorian style and want to mimic the Aga cooker. We choose the black one (top left) to get the feel of the old cookers (see last picture). Originally we go for the cranberry one until Nigel secures a black one at a fraction of the price on ebay. Of course there were no fridges back then so we opt for the cool 50's style fridge. (largest one on left in cream) We try to mimic the cool Smeg fridge and find a brand, Gorenje, that makes one heaps cheaper and is a better energy saving unit. Here we have both smeg and gorenje side by side. Can you tell the difference? (hint: the left is ours.) Our lonesome Belfast sink awaits fitting. This is a picture we c0me across that we are trying to mimic the style of. We have the wood floors, we will get the wood counters and cream cupboards. Our kitchen fitter is also a joiner and will make us the custom alcove and feature around the cooker. Yay, Bill! Above is the brand of kitchen we have ordered. Haworth White from Howdens. Oh, and our walls will be painted some shade of green. This is just another picture of the feel we are going for. (And that is an Aga cooker.) The computerized layout of our kitchen once fitted. The second view. And finally a nice shot of a traditional Victorian kitchen. You see, their cooker is black too. I think I might have to make that apron and hat for when I cook in the new kitchen. Yes, please!

6 comments:

Laura and Ryan said...

SO NICE!! I need you around to back me up when I talk about my ideal counter being the wood kind. Everyone thinks I'm crazy!! Love the kitchen and the choices of appliances.

michal (W.I.T.W.I.M.) said...

Well, our kitchen fitter swears by wood. He says that the great thing about it is when it starts looking tired you just sand it down and re-oil it and presto...brand new counter!

michal (W.I.T.W.I.M.) said...

The other nice thing is that when we moved into this house there were absolutely no appliances...fridge, stove, dishwasher, or washing machine. So we don't have the dilemma of using older ones that still work, we can just pick out what we like. Thanks to Nigel's family for their donated and practically new washing machine.

sue said...

Michal this is amazing!!! I am so happy for you that you almost have your house in place.

michal (W.I.T.W.I.M.) said...

Well...we almost have our kitchen in place.

Mathias said...

hello from germany, thanks for sharing the nice pics.try to place it on pinterest.