Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cumbria, UK

While in Cumbria we go for a walk along the beach near Haverigg. It is a blustery, windy day. Luckily there is a lot of family to keep me company. And Lady Loud to entertain. I don't know why, but whenever he wears his hoodie, I think of Darth Maul. One of my two favourite things to do on a beach: collect stones as close as I can to the colour wheel. The other is collecting beach glass. Somewhere nearby we visit this nice little town. It is probably Haverigg itself. And a spot of tea in the tea house hits the spot. Again the survey map takes us on a loop around Brockwood Hall and the surrounding farm lands via footpaths. The views are amazing as we climb up a big hill. It reminds me of the Isle of Arran in Scotland. More fodder for my sheep paintings. Hmmm. No cow paintings on the horizon. These sheep are hot to trot and look like they are going somewhere important. Lunch under a big tree. On the way back mom motors right through the field of large cows, tiptoeing around the patties. Hmmm.

3 comments:

Laura and Ryan said...

Oh England!! You beckon me!!! Beautiful!

sue said...

I want to see the sheep paintings!

michal (W.I.T.W.I.M.) said...

Sheep paintings: http://www.michal.ca/sheep.html. More new ones to be posted soon.