Saturday, October 25, 2008

Look Alikes: A New Chapter

I love look-alikes and I am going to take it a step further. In my travels is it common for me to see people that look like other people I know from a different country. I also am always fascinated when people tell me that I remind them of someone or look just like their friend in Iceland. I am always noticing a Malawian look-alike of a cousin, or an English look-alike of a friend. The similarities cross ethnic boundaries as well. I have met the South African look-alike of a Canadian Chinese friend, and so on. It becomes a bit more awkward to try to photograph strangers, but I will do my best.
My cousin's wife, Carol, and my friend's partner, Cher. (I saw my friend had baby pictures on Facebook and having never met his partner, I found pictures of her on-line and was shocked at the resemblance to my cousin. Both Carol and Cher are from Eastern Canada, but do not have the same last name or each other as friend on Facebook. Wouldn't that be a small world?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would just like to add that Nigel thinks these two look nothing alike. He has met neither.

Laura and Ryan said...

I can see it!! And I agree that there are people all over the world who look like others - especially interesting when they're completely different races....