Monday, October 20, 2008

Grandma's Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies

I have been studying closely food stylists and food photography. On that note, here is my attempt to tempt with an image and a recipe that I made from my grandma's recipe. Grandma's Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies (half a recipe because it still makes a lot) 1/2 cup shortening 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup white sugar 1 egg 3/4 cup flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/8 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 1.5 cups oats 1/2 cup raisins 1/2 cup coconut (optional, but included in photo above) dates, chocolate chips, nuts (optional) Cream shortening. Add sugar, then eggs. Beat well. Stir in dry ingredients. Roll into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Press with a fork. Bake 350 degrees until light brown (aprox 8-10 minutes).

2 comments:

Teresa Porter said...

I really love that you have cut down this recipe to a decent size. The version I have leaves enough cookie to pig out for days.

HAHA!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I found the same thing...that a whole recipe made way too much. I also found added coconut kept them a good shape instead of splaying out like flat pancakes.