Monday, July 28, 2008

The Heart of It

One of the patients that I visited on a regular basis had gone home, but came back bi-weekly for dressing changes. He had come back to the wards and was visiting all his friends on this particular day.

In his hand he carried a small clear plastic bag that was filled with cut-out hearts with writing. "Wow", I thought, "a sort of Valentines Day love-thing right in the middle of the summer. Isn't that nice."
Then he handed me one.

Now...I like to think that each heart was not really designated for any particular person, but that they were just handed out randomly and anyone could have ended up with any particular one...

...because mine read: Jesus Christ Will Judge Us.

Well, Happy Valentines Day, folks! I can feel the love in the air...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing! Such love, ahhh.

Teresa