Sunday, January 16, 2011

Small WC is Transformed to the Victorian

Our small WC is transformed. It slots halfway under the stairs.
Again, Keith, my father-in-law came and expertly put up our fancy wallpaper.
Gold is hard to photograph.

The floor has been completed in the same wood flooring the kitchen has.
Then I begin applying the wainscoting.
  
 
And the top trim.

A grey base coat is applied.
 
Then the final colour, a brownish purple.
 
The ceiling architrave gets cut and painted.
   
Ooooh, I am liking it already.
 
I am given an old wood shelf which I cut up to slot into the nook in the back.
 
 I add a lower shelf to fit above the radiator.
 
This was the before from the hall.
 
This is the after.

The books are shelved immediately since they have been piled in stacks around the living room for too long.

Before: the sink view.
 
After: the sink view. We are still figuring out how we will cover those pipes.
 
I put up the painted architrave moulding.
 
Before: toilet and corner.
 
After: toilet and corner.

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

love this! It looks like a super fancy hotel bathroom :)

michal (W.I.T.W.I.M.) said...

Cool!