Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Susan Boyle

There are some things that I see or hear that bring tears to my eyes: the underdog rising to the top. I suspect Susan Boyle is exactly what the world needs...just as she is. Lisa Schwarzbaum writes for Popwatch: "I'm pondering why the experience of watching and listening to Ms. Boyle makes so many viewers cry, me among them. And I think I've got a simple answer, at least for me: In our pop-minded culture so slavishly obsessed with packaging -- the right face, the right clothes, the right attitudes, the right Facebook posts -- the unpackaged artistic power of the unstyled, un-hip, un-kissed Ms. Boyle let me feel, for the duration of one blazing showstopping ballad, the meaning of human grace. She pierced my defenses. She reordered the measure of beauty. And I had no idea until tears sprang how desperately I need that corrective from time to time." Click here to hear Susan Boyle singing Les Miserables on Britain's Got Talent.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou Michal, This made my day. Wow
George

michal (W.I.T.W.I.M.) said...

Your welcome. I have been watching it over and over again.

Laura and Ryan said...

It made me tear up when I saw it too! Nice to hear that others feel the same. I tend to be a softie when it comes to stuff like this. :)

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute, I didn't say that I teared, maybe a speck in my eye but that's all. George

Laura and Ryan said...

Oh dad, I could hear it in your tone. You wept like a baby!!!

michal (W.I.T.W.I.M.) said...

I wept like a baby!