Sunday, August 03, 2008

More Liberia Signs

Here are more Liberian signs that I have seen in Monrovia.When electricity doesn't even exist street lights are a huge promise. Note the illustration of a water pump on the right. There is also no running water. Some communities are lucky enough to have a town pump. The one that boggles my mind is the lack of any sewage. Where does all the excrement go?
UN Headquarters in Monrovia.
Oh, maybe this is the UN headquarters.
I do love this sign...Liberian and Canadian relations!
Unfortunately, domestic abuse is common.
Stop Mob Violence!
Rape is the most committed crime in Liberia.
This one, I just have no idea!
Muslim asphalt?
Jew Beauty House (!!??)
Rehab Junction brought to you by Coca-Cola.
Hotels barely exist here in Liberia.
The census found that there are 3.5 million people in Liberia.
Know the facts.
I loved this guys t-shirt.

1 comment:

Joy said...

"No Lemon" is a car repair location. Before it opened...I thought they were going to sell cars. LOL. when we took our vehicle there for repair...I looked at brochure...they have franchises in Lebanon and other locations. LOL.