Sunday, April 06, 2008

Things I've Learned About Myself Since Being Married

The title does not indicate any deep introspective soul searching that I have done, just a list of things that suddenly a constant observer is pointing out to me.

"Michal, did you know you...

...choke at least twice a day on your food?" (Hey, I actually do!)
...become queazy by anything to do with veins?" (And you talk about how you would like to slide a needle into my fat ones)
...that you are all or nothing?" (junk food binging vs. healthy living, moods, organization...)
...bump into things on a regular basis?" (I wondered where all those bruises came from)
...don't swallow enough and have spit forming inside your mouth?" (Yeah, I already knew that. Thanks.)
...don't have a very good sense of direction?" (in my defence, streets in the UK are far more confusing a layout than Canada)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

.....and that I love you so much..

Nigel

Friar Tuck said...

Nice recovery Nigel.

Laura and Ryan said...

Haha. This made me laugh. Especially the spit one. Didn't I used to call it "spit strings"?

Laura and Ryan said...

...oh and I think I'm doing all your extra swallowing. I swallow until my mouth is totally dry.

Anna said...

That is so funny! I had never associated all those little things with you Michal, but when I read through them, they all kind of rang a bell! It's funny how our spouse gets to know all our quirks. Dave tries to get me to stop jaw-clicking all the time.