Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Ocean Voyage

We had a smooth sail. 5 days at sea. It took a day or two to get my "sea legs". Before that I was walking into walls as the ship tilted.
To avoid sea sickness Nigel decided we would take advantage of the drugs available for crew on board. There was a small white pill for the days and a larger yellow one for nights. The difference apparently was the large pill had more of a sleeping effect. We took a day pill and the same evening took a night one. We slept 10 hours and could barely drag ourselves out of bed in the morning for breakfast. We were so drugged that we went straight back to bed for several more hours. We remained half conscious until a day and a half later. I swore I wouldn't take anymore.
Which brings me to my the astonishing array of drugs I am now taking since being married to an anaesthetist. Me: anti drug and au natural! I am on steroids, anti-malarial, anti side effects for the anti-malarial, sea sickness, and vitamin deficiency.

3 comments:

Tyrone said...

Oh MY! Your not taking anything in the way of 'medication' from the ship 'next door' are you?!

Hahaha!

Laura and Ryan said...

Yay Drugs!! Cheers! *clink!*

Anonymous said...

No drugs from "next door"! Ha ha! For all of you who are not in Liberia...there is a UN guarded ship next to us that has been seized with 2.5 tonnes of cocaine on it. See upcoming blog.
Michal