Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Disclaimer

Have you ever heard of Google Alert? I hadn't until everyone on board the ship began commenting on my blog. I was sure I had never mentioned blogging to anyone. It turns out that you can have Google alert you every time key words pop up on websites and blogs. It also turns out we are monitored by Mercy Ships. I wasn't so sure about this. I suddenly didn't feel that free lack of self-conciousness that I so vulnerably use when expressing my honest and un-manipulated opinions. (Who am I kidding? I try to appear as dramatic and adventurous as possible). But it does make sense in one respect: security. If I were to post our security secrets (I am not sure I know any), that would be a breach. I WILL NOT DIVULGE OUR BANANA BREAD RECIPE! But what about opinions? What about disgruntled moments like my currently sitting in the ship's upper lounge next to the single power outlet and smelling only a strong stench of urine that has been there since I have been living on board? Well, I can just "shout" Mercy Ships on my blog and everyone will read it! Mercy Ships Mercy Ships Mercy Ships Mercy Ships Mercy Ships Mercy Ships Mercy Ships Mercy Slips Mercury Hips. In fact I may just throw it into everything I do...Mercy Ships Mercy Ships Mercy Ships Mercy Ships. I am also required to make a disclaiming statement such as the one below (quoted from Mercy Ships Mercy Ships Mercy Ships) I serve on the Mercy Ships. Everything here, however, is my personal opinion and is not read or approved before it is posted. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Mercy Ships. Mercy Slips

3 comments:

Tyrone said...

I second that opinion, I was blogging (and had a website) before mercy ships even knew what a blog was, or cared about my personal website...

So what is my status now? I comply, ask again when I go home.

And NO, you can not get the banana bread recipe from ME either!!!(in case you are monitoring me google alerts!)

Oh by the way, thats how I noticed you posted this one.

Friar Tuck said...

I will give you a Canadian loonie for the banana bread recipe. Meet me at midnight under the banana tree. Come alone. Well, Nigel's okay. Unless you think he's spying for Mercy Ships.

Anonymous said...

That's just creepy in a paranoid, corporate sort of way. Makes me wonder what Mercy Ships is *really* all about. I've lost the warm and fussies.