Thursday, August 10, 2006

Still in Poznan

Now here some of the action that this site was designed for. Adventure! Battles! Undercover agents! Intrigue! (Notice I am not using any hot-button words so as to remain undetected by authorities.) Well, it seems I am still in Poznan. All flights in as well as outbound to the UK from Europe are grounded. I've been watching the news and it seems that since the clamp down no one is allowed to take hand luggage on board. The sources of potential bombs that were found were liquid, gel and electronic devices. Parents are being asked to sample baby bottles before they can be taken on. Even drinks purchased once past security must not board the plane. No books. No cameras or laptops. No liquids or gels of any kind. In fact all the websites are saying we can take as carry on are our passports, wallets, and medication in a clear plastic bag. I was scrambling to rebook my cancelled flight and it appeared the next flight was in 5 days. Airline websites are so jammed that I couldn't even rebook and no one is able to get through by phone to any airline. I somehow miraculously managed to book a flight to Warsaw this evening. How did I get through? I will be there for 5 hours and then from there I hope to get on a flight to London Heathrow (that is if flights are even flying tomorrow). I will keep you posted...Well, no. I will try to keep you posted. I may be living in the Warsaw airport for the next while.

3 comments:

Ann Tk said...

The pink pillow there looks very comfortable. How's Sonia? Mom

Michal said...

Sonia is okay...frazzled a bit.

Laura and Ryan said...

Michal! I didn't even think about the fact that you were away when this all happened. I hope you get back soon, and safely, like mom said.

Email us if you have the ability!!