Thursday, August 03, 2006

Detergent

Now, if you were faced with the option of Biological laundry soap or Non-Biological laundry soap, which would YOU choose? I put on my reasoning cap and deduced that Biological must mean Environmental and break down biologically (or something like that). So I bought the good one. I washed my clothes, they came out clean, and all was well with the world. Nigel visited me in London and upon seeing my "Ecological" choice of detergents asked, "why do you get that stuff? It is bad for the environment?. WHAT!? He explained that biological means there are enzymes in it (hence the ability to clean more efficiently and the far cheaper price tag). Oh. I have never even heard of such a thing. I have now bought the Non-Biological and am thinking about everyone I have already convinced to go "environmental".

2 comments:

Laura and Ryan said...

woops! I would have been clueless too.

olivia said...

oh no - i thought the same thing as you!