Friday, August 04, 2006

My Own Mantra

I lost about 25 pounds a few years ago and here is how I did it. 1. Eat the MINIMUM of the Canada Food Guide. fruit (2 servings), vegetables (3 servings), Grains (5 servings), Dairy (2 servings), Protein (2 servings), Fat (3 servings), Sugar (3 servings), Water (8 cups) Don't try to fill all of these everyday (these are the maximum)...just eat until you are not hungry. 2. No eating after 7:30pm 3. Run for 30 minutes 5 times a week. 4. Eat anything you want on Sundays. I cut this out if I have gained more than 5 pounds. 5. Don't ever eat to get full - just eat until you are not hungry. 6. Eat Slow Food (a movement that advocates homemade and healthy food) I also found that I had to stop focussing on food and realize it tastes good, but it is not something to obsess over or think about all the time.

1 comment:

- said...

Nice diet. I prefer tuna flavoured kibble at all times of the day plus a minimum of 20 hours sleep.

the occasional pate or smoked salmon is always nice though.