Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Medicine

I would rather let something heal naturally, feel the pain, and suffer with admirers than take medicine. There are few circumstances in which I will actually take something. Last week for instance I woke up and couldn't move my head. My whole neck had seized up and every movement sent shots of excrutiating pain up my neck and down into my shoulder blades. I buckled and took a muscle relaxant. I woke the next morning and was in pain all over again. Again the next day. Nigel asked me if I had taken any pills the night before. Why would I do that when I would be sleeping? He shook his head in utter bewilderment. Apparently I don't understand how these things work. Ha! I explained this story to a friend who said...Doesn't he know you don't like medicine? That is when it dawned on me...I, Michal, who avoids taking any medicine, am marrying an anesthetist! How ironic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha. I can enjoy the humor of that!!!

T

Anna said...

Ha ha! You may be reformed, Michal! My anethsetist-friend offered to give me gravol shots at his house if I ever got food poisoning. Then he told me rather sheepishly that de'd also given his mom a good shot of pain reliever for her arthritis before she went to work in his garden!

Those anesthetists are funny!