Sunday, June 26, 2011

Loft Bathroom Under Construction

Our loft bathroom is ready for fitting. Since our plumber's tiler has suddenly changed careers he has said he will lay our tiles. I think he also mentioned he wishes we chose much bigger ones! The shower tray is fitted and then the tiles around it.
We choose a light tavertine stone tile that needs sealing as they are very porous. This light tile will contrast with the darker blue walls.
Slowly the floor emerges.
Our plumber has an original towel rack radiator from an old church which I spray white.
The tiles are all on and need grouting.
The idea is that all the features in the room are pristine white against dark blue walls (including the off-white tiles).
I do love the period mixer taps.
Once the toilet is in I can prime the walls.
First white.
Then the nice antique blue. The skirting boards and sills need painting, the appliances fitting, and the tiles sealing. When it is done I will post the photos.

No comments: