Friday, October 23, 2009

We Own a House

We bought a little Victorian terraced house in London. Yay! It was owned by an 81 year old man who lived in it for 40 years. I suspect he last updated it in the 60's. It has quite a charm of its own and Nigel and I are looking to restore it back to a lot of it's original features. The property is 17 feet wide. It is a great neighbourhood where you can't help getting to know your neighbours (due to proximity). These are our floor plans and the standard layout for a 105 year old terrace house (although the back bottom level has been extended). There is potential to also put in a loft. I suppose I might be blogging this in the next while...

5 comments:

sue said...

whoa amazing!!! Congratulations.

michal (W.I.T.W.I.M.) said...

Thanks, Sue! We will tear out our kitchen, which we think might scare guests, but once that is put back in...COME VISIT!

Mama Bear said...

i am SO jealous!! your house looks incredible!

michal (W.I.T.W.I.M.) said...

Thats what my dad said too! I think my camera made it look nicer than it is. you can't see the walls have a really bad finish and the rugs are all stained and old. But we are going to restore that place!

sue said...

Yes!! I will definitely come visit :) I love the crowbar too - how hilarious.