Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bathroom

The last room in the house is the upstairs bathroom. Actually it is a shower room with pink carpets that measures 5x6 feet. Our plan is to remove the shower and sink, put a cast iron tub (and shower) in that spot, turn the toilet to face the tub, and put a smaller sink next to the door and toilet. We are thinking of white brick shape tiles for the walls, a black and white Victorian tile floor, and a feature window above the door going into the bathroom. I have already sourced out a cast iron tub at a great place in the UK that has all sorts of reclaimed antiques. I cut this picture out of a magazine and we might mimic the floor tile pattern. I like my dad's idea of an electric heat grid under the tile. Here is a picture of the bathroom from the hall. You can see the window above the door. We would like to fit something like this above the door.

3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

i have always wanted a tub with feet :)

michal (W.I.T.W.I.M.) said...

WE just found a contractor on Gumtree that is ripping out those cast iron tubs from a whole apartment block and selling them off for £80 each! We are seeing one today.

michal (W.I.T.W.I.M.) said...

WE just found a contractor on Gumtree that is ripping out those cast iron tubs from a whole apartment block and selling them off for £80 each! We are seeing one today.