Thursday, February 05, 2009

Winter in South Yorkshire

Living in South Yorkshire in the Peak District is amazing particularly when the snow falls and the sun comes out. We took a walk on a well trodden path out in the farms. This was the view from our window that enticed us out. Quite often the only tracks across fields are those from hares. The sign points over the stile to a public footpath that winds its way through farms. This is the direction I usually head when on my daily run. Nigel walks on ahead (probably impatient with my constant picture taking). A fork in the road. This is Bowl Hill with a small observatory on top. It is a great place to hike and be alone. I notice the teenagers in the area have discovered the same thing. The road that winds around our group of houses. Lodgemoor, the western edge of Sheffield and the beginning of the Peak District. It is still biting cold despite the slight thaw and sunshine. We head back home after a walk and pushing someone's vehicle out of the snow.

4 comments:

Craig-n'-Dana said...

Did you make it to London for your meeting? LOVE the snow. I think that the beautiful countryside of Sheffield is one of the most beautiful places I've seen and to see it with snow makes it even more beautiful!!

Anna said...

SO envious of life in Britain! SIGH.

Anonymous said...

I didn't make it to London for the meeting. I had more snow than in London up here in Yorkshire, but London shut itself down in a moment of panic. It was rescheduled for the following week.

sue said...

I love the fork in the road photo.