Tuesday, February 03, 2009

POOR WEATHER CONDITIONS AFFECTING SERVICES ACROSS UK

Because of poor weather conditions across the UK, journeys on many routes are subject to severe delays and alterations. The news suggests people should only attempt to travel if the journey is absolutely critical, and if one does there is no guarantee that a return service will be available later that day, due to further heavy snow being forecast. I am due to travel to London for an important meeting today. I really need to get there. I am travelling by train, tube, and coach. I am crossing my fingers that all will go well and I won't be delayed. Here are some photos from Sheffield today.

2 comments:

Craig-n'-Dana said...

Did you get to London?? That snow is amazing! Would love to see the Sheffield countryside covered in snow. It is so lovely!

Anonymous said...

They cancelled the meeting, but resheduled and I have just returned from London.