Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Temperatures Rising

It is hot in London. It is damn hot! The weather is 36 degrees Celsius. On the tube, which millions take, including myself, temperatures measured 50 degrees Celsius. There is no air conditioning on The Tube. Privately owned? Privately disintegrating? Yeesh! And London is hosting the SUMMER Olympics in 2012! I am moving slowly, wearing number 50 sunblock, and drinking a lot of water (and eating a lot of corn on the cob). I think it is the salt that I pour on the corn that I am craving. A London chef cooks an egg on the bonnet of her car. Yeesh! Ice cream anyone? Even the shade is just too hot.

1 comment:

sue said...

michal that's gross -- the tube was HOT even when it was like 20 degrees out there!! i can't imagine it now! (it was 36 degrees in toronto this past weekend.)