Friday, June 23, 2006

The Chocolate Curse

This is the Holborn Tube Station where they were giving away free KitKat Peanut Butter Bars the other day. I managed to nab 4. Today the radio announced Cadbury was recalling 7 varieties of chocolate bar due to the possiblity of Salmonella. Lucky me. I knew it was too good to be true!
  • Full BBC Article
  • 9 comments:

    Laura and Ryan said...

    I like how the article says that if you bought one of those chocolate bars you can call Cadbury and get a full refund. Um, sorry? You mean I can really get my dollar back???

    Michal said...

    Chocolate isn't even that expensive here. It is 35p a bar!

    What I like is the chocolate help line Cadbury's has set up: "The free helpline number for Cadbury is 0800 818181." What...are there cousellors at the other end? Doctors? Sympathetic employees???

    Laura and Ryan said...

    Perhaps they'll counsel you on how to get the most out of your chocolate bar - how to unwrap it for utmost pleasure, what part to bite first.

    Ann Tk said...

    Did you eat the Kitkat? Does Cadbury make Kitkat? We have to look at this practically.....(from one chocoholic to another!)

    Michal said...

    Okay, you got me! Cadbury's does not make KitKat. It makes a better story when I suggest that it does, don't you think? I ate one of the chocolate bars and poisoned my friends with the rest. Ha ha! Just kidding.

    Laura and Ryan said...

    Hah, I didn't think kitkat was made by cadbury at all. I DIDN'T FALL FOR YOUR LITTLE TRICKY-DICK!!!

    So um, when is the next post coming, hmmm?

    Michal said...

    Tricky-dick? Hmmm. I like that little phase! Ha ha!

    Michal said...

    The next post should come pretty soon, shouldn't it? Sometimes things just pop out at me as funny and obvious. Other times I wonder how I am going to convince my roommates to let me take an early morning picture, right out of bed, of them, to post on the world wide web with some funny quirky comments. Hmmmm. Tomorrow night I am giving a baking lesson to one of my roomies. Maybe that?

    I will surprise you! Ha!

    Anonymous said...

    Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »