Sunday, March 27, 2011

Wales: Day 2 Morning

Day two in Wales begins. The only other time I have been over the Welsh border was for a U2 concert in Cardiff. You know how sometimes you visit people in places you are unfamiliar with and they take you everywhere and you are never quite sure where you are? Well, that was this day for me. We all drive to a hill and park and get out to hike to fortress ruins that are at least 800 years old. Mind the sheep poop! If you look at this picture you might notice two sheep. If you look really closely you might notice two boys lounging on the hillside. (click for a larger view). As we climb higher and higher the sheep get smaller and smaller. An impressive view surrounds us. Then we are at the top. With some sides a pretty steep cliff looking down. The ruins are only vaguely standing. Now where did Nigel go? There he is. Over on the other hill. We all sit in the "dungeon" as it is called and have a snack. I am not sure what town I am looking down on. Wow, imagine living there!

2 comments:

Laura and Ryan said...

It's so beautiful!!

sue said...

I love your travel posts. So beautiful, I must visit Wales!