Friday, May 28, 2010

Lower Back Extension Begins

Okay, so now that the top of the house looks stunning, the bottom needs some work. This is going to be a much bigger job. Currently inside the downstairs is divided into the dining room... ...and a very dated kitchen that came with no appliances. What little we had in a kitchen was moved into our front hallway as a makeshift kitchen. Nigel said we should only make simple meals while we are living this way. I agreed. What I didn't realise was that "simple meals" meant something very different to both of us. To me it meant any fancy meal that was a one-pot-meal since we were now going to have to wash up in the bathroom. (Okay, Nigel was going to have to wash up.) Nigel's idea of a simple meal is pasta and sauce. What? Every night?! That's two pots! And now the work begins. The electricians and plumbers came in to cut off the supplies to this section of the house. The wall is already being knocked down between the kitchen and dining room as you can see to the left of where Nigel is standing. More tomorrow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mic and Nig,

How exciting and extreme. I laughed at your different opinions of simple meals! Nigel, the dishwasher, is so lucky to have you to cook fancy in one pot!!

I am planning on cooking your pumpkin curry for church on Sunday. Mmmm!!

Your mail came. I tried to comment and tell you that before but it didn't go through for some reason.

Love you guys,
T

Anonymous said...

How utterly exciting. This is my kind of excitement. Go! go! go!

michal (W.I.T.W.I.M.) said...

Nigel pointed out I only think I cook in one pot, when in fact there are a lot of dirty dishes when I finish the meal. But he always does all the dishes for us.