Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Marine Assault Course: Part II

Okay, where were we? Underground, pitch black tunnels... More deep water puddles. There is a rope under the water in case you get stuck in the mud. Here is the final task. This one made me nervous. Two pools connected by concrete tunnels under the muddy water. We were pushed through and had to swim out the other side. Nigel takes a breath and dips his head underwater. The sudden cold on my head made me hyper ventilate...while I was underwater. I controlled myself until I finally emerged. The big push through... He emerges a short time later. Recovery. More recovery. Nigel and Gareth did it a few more times. Once without a push, which they described as trying to scrape through a small tunnel with no propulsion. Back at the Landrover. We felt pretty good, although a little cold. My post-marine-assault-course bruised knees.

1 comment:

Laura and Ryan said...

Too cool, Mic. Too cool.