Monday, March 23, 2009

Bow Arts Trust

We finally got our Internet hooked up and I can blog again. Yay! It turns out my ancient Apple laptop is no competition for Nigel's ancient PC when it comes to filching free Internet from neighbours who forget to put a password. He merrily enjoyed Internet 90 percent of the time while I might have got the same connection 20 percent of the time. I still like my Apple. I took possession of my new studio in Bow (London's East End) where all the arts and artists are concentrated. It is an old nunnery that consists of two buildings side by side. The other has an inner courtyard while ours houses the gallery called "The Nunnery". The studio is in Bow Arts Trust which is an established Education Arts Charity allowing heavily subsidised rent for artists. I viewed 5 vacant studios alongside 5 other artists. I fell in love with this one, which was actually still too expensive for my budget. Luckily two others in the same positions also fell in love with it. We 3 are sharing the space. The large window looks our onto a little park which runs into another little park on the other side of the far wall. This is the wall I proudly fixed. There was a shabby panelled wall under the one above. I covered it, extended it higher and have since plastered and painted. Our workspace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great studio!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it! There are open studios in June sometime. Keep posted for time and dates.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful space. What an inspiring view! I am impressed with the reno job, Mic!

T

Anonymous said...

Thanks T.
The wall looks even better now that it is white. I have started working on my own art now.